[Rtk-users] Frames in rtkfourdfdk

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Aug 24 11:04:13 CEST 2016

Hi,
Quickly checking the code, the reason is pretty simple: rtkfourdfdk uses
rtkSelectOneProjectionPerCycleImageFilter.h, which selects the closest
projection to a given phase in each respiratory cycle. So setting the
number of frames will not increase the number of frames per phase (and,
therefore, blur). I think it's quite a common way of sorting in the
literature, see for example [Sonke et al, Med Phys, 2005]: "For each
breathing cycle, the projection closest to each breathing phase is
selected."
The reason is explained in [Dietrich et al, PMB, 2006] or in a simulation
work <http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~srit/biblio/rit2007.pdf> I did in
the past.
Simon