[Rtk-users] artifacts on reconstruction

Julia Semyakishkina prekrasnaya1985 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 07:19:59 CET 2016

Hello. I use RTK and another tomography packets/libraries for
reconstruction and comparison results. RTK is one of the best for me, but
with one model/sample i have strange artifacts, which doesn't appear in
another packets.
Here http://i.imgur.com/U9hqc6v.png is one projection. Here
http://i.imgur.com/MOlygHS.png is one slice reconstructed by RTK. Here
http://i.imgur.com/4a3jtLm.png is the same slice reconstructed by another
packet.
I am sure that i set geometry information correctly. Another models with
the same tomograph, same geometry, same acquisition settings reconstuct
fine and even better then in another packets. But exact reconstruction of
the bug's foots caused to the artifacts.
Even so, i think that is geometry problem. But i don't know how to solve it
in RTK. I played with sid parameter in another packet and got very familiar
artifacts, which appear with correct geometry in RTK. Just for test i
played in the same way with RTK, i.e. change sid to wrong values and
nothing changes except scale. Im a bit confused of this fact, i dont
understand how sid\sdd doesn't make a sense in reconstruction, indeed when
sid changes, beam angles which go through the model change, and from here
projection shall be different.
I can upload raw data with all meta info if needed.
Any advice or direction where i should go to solve the problem would be
appreciated.