[Rtk-users] itk::SmartPointer assignment : Base vs. Derived cuda class bug

Pascal Bourgault pascal.bourgault at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 17:45:26 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'm currently trying to the
rtkConjugateGradientConeBeamReconstructionFilter, but I am not able to
compile anyof my codes because of the following error:

/usr/local/include/RTK-1.3/rtkConjugateGradientConeBeamReconstructionFilter.hxx:43:29:
error: no match for ‘operator=’ (operand types are
‘rtk::DisplacedDetectorImageFilter<itk::Image<float, 3u>, itk::Image<float,
3u> >::Pointer {aka
itk::SmartPointer<rtk::DisplacedDetectorImageFilter<itk::Image<float, 3u>,
itk::Image<float, 3u> > >}’ and
‘rtk::CudaDisplacedDetectorImageFilter::Pointer {aka
itk::SmartPointer<rtk::CudaDisplacedDetectorImageFilter>}’)
  m_DisplacedDetectorFilter = rtk::CudaDisplacedDetectorImageFilter::New();

(And many more instances of the same kind)

It seems that the SmartPointer of the CudaDisplacedDetectorImageFilter
cannot be assigned to its base-class SmartPointer for some reason. As the
bugs occurs in the RTK code directly, I am a bit confused and guess it has
something to do with my configuration? Perhaps it has to do with Cuda,
because it seems this bug only occurs when I the derived class is
Cuda-based.

I use RTK-1.3.0, ITK-4.9.0 (as packaged in libinsighttoolkit4-dev on Ubuntu
16.04), gcc 5.4 and Cuda 8.0.

Do you have any ideas of why this error occurs? Am I missing something,
some unset options?

Thanks!

--
Pascal