[Rtk-users] RTK going to become an ITK external module?

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu Jan 17 17:29:13 CET 2019

Hi Fredrik,
Yes, we have been working on that in the past year. I'm correcting a few
last things before releasing a new RTK version. When this is done, I'll
submit the Modules/Remote
<https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/tree/master/Modules/Remote>/RTK.remote.cmake
file to the itk repository. You can give it a try already with the enclosed
file (which will download master).
Impact:
- you can either turn on RTK compilation from the ITK compilation or
provide the ITK build path in a separate RTK build (as before except the
ITK dir cannot be an installed ITK),
- check the evolution of the examples/FirstReconstruction/CMakeLists
compared to the last release to see how the CMakeLists.txt has changed,
- we'll provide pre-compiled python packages compatible with the
pre-compiled ITK python packages.
There is no specific thread, just follow the mailing list and I'll post a
message for (1) the RTK release and (2) when the RTK remote module file has
been integrated to ITK.
Best regards,
Simon