[Rtk-users] Creating DRRs with RTK in python

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri Aug 13 08:25:38 CEST 2021

Hi,
Both your input volume and your stack of projections should be 3D. If you
simulate only one projection, you can always make it 2D afterwards by
slicing the stack. The third dimension of spacing and origin of the stack
are never used in RTK but must be provided since it's a 3D image.
I might be wrong but I don't think SimpleITK and the RTK wrappings are
compatible. I would suggest the use of the ITK wrappings described in their
examples. See here
<https://itkpythonpackage.readthedocs.io/en/master/Quick_start_guide.html>
for an example.
Enclosed is a slightly modified version of your script which produces a
projection stack. The geometry is probably not correct but I let you play
with the script to set them as you wish.
Cheers,
Simon