[Rtk-users] Reconstructing DICOM data

Sreejith P P sreejithputhettu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 09:36:12 CEST 2022

Hi Simon,

Thank you very much for your quick response.
As suggested, I have refined the Ankle Dicom data so that everything
outside the leg part is at 0. I got a fine projection 'Ankle.mha' after
doing that.
However, I didn't get much effect when I reconstructed it using rtkfdk. I
understand that projecting and reconstructing a CT image will necessarily
result in a loss of quality due to the multiple interpolations. But I
doubt, maybe something I am missing here can make it better. Could you have
a look at it, please?

I used the following command for reconstruction.
*rtkfdk -g geometry.xml -o Output.mha -p . -r Ankle.mha --dimension
512,512,245 --hardware cuda --hann 0.4 --hannY 0.4*

 Ankle.mha
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M5hey85gQhh_gCC1dEvvr_EsXkRAOWm3/view?usp=drive_web>
 AnkleDICOM.mha
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/14qcXeN3IL_qHT3IbiJfMaQrTIPIPu81v/view?usp=drive_web>