[Rtk-users] Problem reconstructing from synthetic data

Albert MURIENNE Albert.MURIENNE at b-com.com
Fri Aug 18 13:54:49 CEST 2023

Hello again Simon,

Going further away with my gVirtualXRay/RTK tests, I tried to switch to a new projections set, using the previous indications you gave me.
Unfortunately the results are not very good, and I can’t understand why.
This time the data corresponds to a human phantom, with a 600mm SID and 1200mm SDD, 2.0mm pixel size with a 512x512 image resolution.
I used the following scripts without success:

rtksimulatedgeometry -n 360 -a -360 -o projections_p4_512x512_2.0_600_1200/geometry.xml  --sdd 1200 --sid 600
rtkfdk -p projections_p4_512x512_2.0_600_1200 -r ' attenuation-([0-9]*).tif' -o fdk.mha --neworigin -511.0,-511.0,0 --newspacing 2.0 --nsort --submatch 1 --hardware cuda –g projections_p4_512x512_2.0_600_1200/geometry.xml

This new dataset’s images, as well as the xml geometry I generated, are available for download at this link:

https://filesender.renater.fr/?s=download&token=acf071a0-1299-4725-81d3-4a41b5a8a158

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Albert