[Rtk-users] CBCT reconstruction using rtkfdk

Kim HyunJoon anslasax18 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 05:22:50 CEST 2023

Hello

I am newbie at RTK and tried to reconstruct 3D cbct dataset of a walnut(
https://zenodo.org/record/6986012) using rtkfdk.exe but
result was not good.

The script I used is:

rtksimulatedgeometry --output="geometry.xml" --nproj=721 --arc=360.0
--sdd=553.74 --sid=230.66

rtkprojections --path "D:\CT projection\walnut" --output "projections.mha"
--regexp .tif --newspacing 0.5

rtkfdk -p . -r projections.mha -o fdk.mha -g geometry.xml --spacing
0.05,0.05,0.05 --dimension=128,128,128 --neworigin -64.5,-64.5,0

Metadata describing the measurement geometry and settings for walnut
projection dataset:

[GENERAL]
ProjectName=20201111_walnut_
Scanner=University of Helsinki Industrial Mathematics Computed Tomography
Laboratory
Measurers=Alexander Meaney
Date=20201111
DateFormat=YYYYMMDD

[GEOMETRY]
GeometryType=Cone
DistanceSourceDetector=553.74
DistanceSourceOrigin=210.66
DistanceUnit=mm

[ACQUISITION]
NumberImages=721
AngleFirst=0
AngleInterval=0.5
AngleLast=360

[DETECTOR]
Detector=Hamamatsu Photonics C7942CA-22
DetectorType=EID
Binning=1x1
PixelSize=0.050
PixelSizeUnit=mm
ExposureTime=1000
ExposureTimeUnit=ms

[XRAY]
Tube=Oxford Instruments XTF5011
Target=Mo
Voltage=40
VoltageUnit=kV
Current=1.0
CurrentUnit=mA
XRayFilter=None
XRayFilterThickness=N/A
XRayFilterThicknessUnit=mm

The output data (fdk.mha) doesn't look very walnut when I open it in
volview (https://volview.kitware.app/).
Some of the parameters seem to be wrong, but I'm not sure where exactly the
problem is.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to solve the problem.
Thank you in advance.

Ansalsax