[Rtk-users] Problem reconstructing from synthetic data

Albert MURIENNE Albert.MURIENNE at b-com.com
Wed Jun 21 09:59:04 CEST 2023

Hello,

I'm struggling to reconstruct properly a synthetic projection images sequence using RTK.
The sequence was generated using gVirtualXRay (https://gvirtualxray.fpvidal.net/) and a dragon 3D model, and represents a full 360 degrees CBCT tomographic sequence, with a 500mm SID and 1000mm SDD, 0.5mm pixel size with a 640x480 image resolution, and without any offsets (perfect circular geometry). I tried reconstructions with the simplest FDK and SART implementations, inspired by RTK provided code examples, using rtk::ProjectionsReader to read the images and rtk::ThreeDCircularProjectionGeometry to read the geometry, but the results are not good, and I don't really know if the problem comes from the data or from my reconstruction implementation.

The images data, as well as the xml geometry I generated, are available for download at this link:

https://filesender.renater.fr/?s=download&token=bc8f87b4-989c-46d7-8c4b-dac39a4df0e1

Could you help me pinpoint the origin of my problem? Does it come from the data itself?

Thanks,

Albert
Murienne