[Dcmlib] std::map vs std::hash_map

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Sun Jul 3 00:50:13 CEST 2005

Ok guys,

	I did perform a few bench comparing in Release mode on linux debian,
gcc 3.3. If I replace the TagKeyHT from a std::map to a
std::hash_table.. I only get a ~5% improvement. But again to reach 5%
improvement I was parsing (see TestAllPrint.cxx) all files from gdcmData
and all files from gdcmSampleData (rsync serveur). Basically the
difference between a map and a hash is extremely negligeable. You only
notice it when you parse a lot of file and a lot of tags...

	Since this is not exactly what I expected I'll differ the merge with my
local change until I found a more drastic change that affect the speed
of gdcm.

	Unless of course people are interested in the patch right away...

	My machine: CHIRON, which used to do the win32 part (bcc32, and vs7.1)
died last week (I am guessing the power supply), so it will only be back
middle of next week.