[Dcmlib] gcc

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Jul 19 15:38:06 CEST 2005

Answering in english only, babelfish is your friend :)

You are right the lib for Qt on linux -as far as I know- are only compilerd using g++3. Since Qt is a c++ project it is extremly important that you stick to the same compiler the lib were compiler with. As you have seen g++2.95 cannot link to gcc3 lib (and same problem with gcc4 I believe).
A lot of our dashboard are running gcc3.x and as far as I can tell there is not a single warnings or compilation error. This is one of the most tested plateform. The only problem I can think of is that you tried to compiled gdcm within the very same directory after changing to gcc3. Therefore some old binary compiler with gcc2.95 were used to build a library with gcc3.x creating tons of problem at link time. Please create a directory per compiler this will save you a lot for time:

Typically:

  gdcm
  gdcm-gcc295
  gdcm-gcc33