[Dcmlib] reinstallation

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Thu Jul 21 15:54:14 CEST 2005

> Hi,
>
> As I haven't resolved my gcc problem and my notebook became in desorder, I decided to install linux on my computer at home (mandrake 10.1). Then I have installed cmake 2.2.0 (procedure with boostrap)

I thought Mandrake finally had a package for cmake... grrr

and gdcm (procedure explain on the web site, with cvs). I copied/pasted my program and try to compile. Here's the error I have (I certainly forgot something.. but what ? :-))

> Olivier
>
> PS: $ nm libgdcm.so| c++filt| grep gdcm::FileHelper::FileHelper give me bash: $: command not found. Where must I type this command ?

$ dpkg -S /usr/bin/nm                                      ~
binutils: /usr/bin/nm

I bet on Mandrake it is also called binutils but they must add a random number to make the package name more cryptic.

> -- Configuring done
> -- Generating done
> -- Build files have been written to: /home/olivier/GDCM/gdcmBin/bin/Tfe/Recalage
> Building CXX object exGrey2RGB.dir/exGrey2RGB.o
> /home/olivier/GDCM/gdcmBin/bin/Tfe/Recalage/exGrey2RGB.cxx:18:22: gdcmFile.h: No such file or directory

good ! That mean you did not install gdcm. I believe this is safer to develop this way.

Since you are developping outside of gdcm tree, did you do in your CMakeLists.txt:

FIND_PACKAGE(GDCM)

If not.. then add it :)