[Dcmlib] pixel data OpenGL compatiable

Jean-Pierre ROUX jean-pierre.roux at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri Jul 22 19:02:19 CEST 2005

>what i woudl like to see in gdcm is the way to get pixeldata from dicmo
>iamge in such fashion that is 100% compatible with opengl (for
>
>That would have to enforce some conversions (12bit packed into 16bit
>would have to be ajusted)

-->Do you mean "Bits Allocated = 12", "Bits Stored = 12" ?
(In our data set, we just have *one* image like that, and it works with gdcm.
If your images don't, could you send us one, to allow us to fix the bug)

--> Whe have thousands of "unsigned" images where "Bits Allocated =
16", Bits Stored = {9, or 10, or 11, or 12, or 13 }, and gdcm works
on them.

-> All our 'signed images' but one have "Bits Allocated = 16", "Bits
Stored = 15",  and gdc works on them.

>signed images (pixeld ata needs to be ajusted [using openGL signed types
>doesnt work ] ).

gdcm works also with 'signed' pixels, "Bits Allocated = 8", but VTK doesn't.

You can, use vtkgdcmViewer to check.
We are interested in any DICOM / ACR-NEMA image that hangs gdcm.
Thx
Jean-Pierre

>[...]
>Aris