[users at ionimaging] paper on scattering proton CT

Nils Krah nils.krah at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Oct 13 12:08:51 CEST 2020

 Dear all,

 ​our paper on scattering proton CT was recently   accepted in PMB (https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1361-6560/abbd18/meta). ​You find the author's manuscript in Simon Rit's private repository:   here (https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~srit/biblio/krah2020.pdf&sa=D&source=hangouts&ust=1602631714848000&usg=AFQjCNHnwz6oCvSJSniEMSg_WD4l-TiKdw).

 ​

 The paper is based on a former PhD student's work, Catherine Quiñones. ​​I presented part of it at   this year's Loma Linda workshop (http://www.ionimaging.org/llu2020-overview/)   so some of you already know the essence. The idea (not ours) is to use the angular variance of transmitted protons to reconstruct a map of the material's scattering power (or in some sense its radiation length). In the paper, we analyse the intrinsic properties of this proton CT modality and compare it to "conventional" energy-loss proton CT.

 ​​

 I​nterestingly, scattering CT is also investigated with electrons by people at DESY in Hamburg. There was   a talk on this (http://www.ionimaging.org/talks/ws2020llu-daiki-hayakawa/)   at the LLU workshop.

 ​

 ​Best,

 ​Nils​