I. Mirea (PhD Student), F. Varray, Y.-M. Zhu, L. Fanton, I.E. Magnin
- National and international collaborations
Creatis, teams 1,3 et 4 (F. Peyrin, M. Langer)
Metislab, Harbin (W.Y. Liu, Y.L. Zhang, S.L. Wang (PhD Student)
- Unresolved question
What is the 3D spatial organisation of the different components of human heart tissue at the cellular and tissue levels?
Access to the microarchitecture of the components of the heart tissue of the cell (micrometer) scale to that of the body (centimeter).
- Extract samples of fresh human heart wall (Left Ventricle)
- Reconstruct the samples using X-ray phase-contrast micro-tomography (2500 X-ray projections acquired at the Synchrotron at a micrometric resolution)
- Process the reconstructed volumes (multiscale segmentation)
- Analyse the binarised reconstructed volumes to quantify the features of the 3D microstructure and get the arrangement of the tissue components.
- Define new bio-marquers.
- Results and illustrations
METISLAB (LIA CNRS-Inserm); Labex PRIMES ; INSA Lyon ; CREATIS ; HIT Harbin
F. Varray, Mirea, I., Langer, M., Peyrin, F., Fanton, L., and Magnin, I. E., « Extraction of the 3D Local Orientation of Myocytes in Human Cardiac Tissue Using X-ray Phase-Contrast Micro-Tomography and Multi-Scale Analysis », Medical Image Analysis (38) p. 117-132, 2017, (IF = 4, 56).
I.Mirea, L.Wang, F. Varray, YM Zhu, E.E Davila-Serrano, I.E. Magnin, “Statistical Analysis of Transmural Laminar Microarchitecture of the Human Left Ventricle”, ICSP, Chengdu, 2016, pp 53-56.
I. Mirea, F. Varray, Y. M. Zhu, L. Fanton, M. Langer, P. Jouk, G. Michalowicz, Y. Usson, and I. E. Magnin "Very High-Resolution Imaging of Post-Mortem Human Cardiac Tissue using X-ray Phase Contrast Tomography", FIMH'15, Maastricht, LNCS 9126, pp. 172-179, 2015.
F. Varray, L. H. Wang, L. Fanton, Y. M. Zhu, and I. E. Magnin, "High resolution extraction of local human cardiac fibre orientations", FIMH’13, London, LNCS 7945, pp. 150-157, 2013.
The data acquired at the ESRF will be available to the scientific community after 3 years.