[Dcmlib] [Fwd: GDCM problems with created dicom]

Jean-Pierre Roux jpr at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri Dec 17 17:21:14 CET 2004

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> Salut,
>
> La solution simple pour regler le probleme du group 0x0002, c'est de
> virer (0x0002, 0x0000) c'est ca ?

I suggested Benoit not to write anymore the elem (0x0002, 0x0000), but
now I think it's a bad idea :
In DICOM Part 6 : Data Dictionnary, the element 0x0000 of each group in
not longer present, BUT in the Groups 0x0002 and 0x0004, where there are
quoted as '... needed to support the formatting ...'
- within gdcm, we decided to ignore the value of any element 0x0000,
whatever the group it belongs to.
- e-film 1.8 raises a warning if the value is wrong, but it goes on.
- maybe Dicom3Tools does matter with the length, and breaks when wrong ...

I will put back the former 'UpdateGroupLength' method, removed a few
months ago.

Could you ask Bill to send me a 'wrong image', because I wonder *where*
is the trouble, since he says that group 0x0002 was reused, unimpared.

Thx

Jean-Pierre Roux