[Dcmlib] Pixel Spacing

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Dec 21 15:57:38 CET 2004

Salut,

	Suite a un mail sur ITK list, j'ai le probleme suivant dans gdcm on lis
le pixel spacing comme ca: "y_spacing\\x_spacing".

Mais d'apres le DICOM supplement:

http://medical.nema.org/Dicom/supps/sup48_08.pdf

Pixel Spacing (0028,0030) 2 Physical distance in the patient between the
center of each pixel, specified by a numeric pair - adjacent row spacing
(delimiter) adjacent column spacing, in mm. Note the two values shall be
the same for 1\1 aspect ratio. See C.8.X.1.8

Donc c'est "row spacing" first...

Mathieu
Ps: dans les trucs/astuces a retenir pour plus tard j'ai trouve:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.protocols.dicom/msg/52fb418ef52ab685?dmode=source

I don't really understand what "Pixel Spacing" and "Imager Pixel
Spacing" mean. I have a DICOM from TROPHY. It doesn't have "Pixel
Spacing" tag, but it has "Imager Pixel Spacing" tag. I want to know
the length(in mm) between Point_A and Point_B. Cound I calculate the
length  using "Imager Pixel Spacing"?

something like:

dLen := Sqrt(Sqr((StartPoint.X - EndPoint.X) / * fHPixelSize ) +
     Sqr((StartPoint.Y - EndPoint.Y) / * fVPixelSize));

fVPixelSize / fHPixelSize => (Imager Pixel Spacing) row spacing value
/ column spacing value