[Dcmlib] Re: ptotential memory leak without virtual destructor.

jean-michel.rouet at philips.com jean-michel.rouet at philips.com
Mon Nov 15 09:19:34 CET 2004

>> In gdcmFile.cxx, pixelConverter is created by new without delete to
clean up.
>> the codes like following:
>>
>> PixelConverter = new PixelConvert;  //LEAK !
>>
>>  is it  intentional or faces some challenging?
>
>When I tried to delete it in the dtor the nightly tests fails...

Mathieu,

Does it fail with all the images from gdcmData or only with few of them ?
I'm just suggesting that the problem can come from a buffer overrun
somewhere in PixelConvert when for an image PixelDataLength >
DecompressedSize...

I'll try to revert the delete in the destructor and see what purify finds.
JM