[Dcmlib] [Fwd: Re: Character Sets]

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Nov 17 00:19:08 CET 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Character Sets
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:08:31 GMT
From: David Clunie <dclunie at dclunie.com>
Newsgroups: comp.protocols.dicom

Hi

I created a (relatively crude) screen shot of what these
patient names should look like, that may be sufficient
to tell whether or not the characters are being rendered
correctly. See:

	http://dclunie.com/images/charset/charsettests.screenshot.jpg

These are as rendered by the DicomImageViewer test code in
the PixelMed Java DICOM toolkit, and are correct as far as
I can tell.

I would be very interested to know which viewers can and cannot
render some or all of these correctly.

David

PS. The URL for the set of images is:

	http://dclunie.com/images/charset/charsettests.20030219.tar.gz