[Dcmlib] gdcm-JPEG-LossLessThoravision.dcm

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Sun Oct 17 22:22:04 CEST 2004

Ok voila le thread sur le group dicom:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: truly lossless jpeg ?
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 12:16:23 GMT
From: David Clunie <dclunie at dclunie.com>
Newsgroups: comp.protocols.dicom

Hi Mathieu

I had no trouble reading this image using either the Stanford
PVRG codec or the Sun Java JAI JIIO codecs that both support
lossless JPEG.

This presupposes that the compressed bitstream is first
unencapsulated and defragmented, for which I used either
dctoraw from my dicom3tools or my Pixelmed Java DICOM
toolkit.

Osirix, which I seem to recall uses patched IJG, had no
trouble with it either.

Is it the encapsulation into multiple fragments (Items) that
is perhaps causing you trouble ?

David

ref: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&threadm=mBlcd.7255%24JS4.6252%40twister.nyroc.rr.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26selm%3DmBlcd.7255%2524JS4.6252%2540twister.nyroc.rr.com