[Dcmlib] Unreadable dicom file from Peter Cech : clean solution found

Jean-Pierre Roux jpr at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Aug 24 14:35:24 CEST 2005

Peter Cech wrote:

>On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 14:21:00 -0400, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>

>>Peter,
>>
>>	Can you confirm the DICOM image is comming from a Philips Intera
>>Archieva ? I am currently reading:
>>http://www.medical.philips.com/main/company/connectivity/mri/index.html
>>->
>>http://www.medical.philips.com/main/company/connectivity/assets/docs/dicomcs/Intera_Achieva_106dcs.pdf
>>

>It's Intera 3.0T (not Achieva as far as I can say). Philips does not
>have it on their webpage, but some sparse info is at
>http://www.mr.ethz.ch
>

>>and I cannot find *any* reference to
>> 2005|1083 SQ
>> 2005|1402 SQ

Hi!
My own experience with 'private' tag description found on the
constructors web sites is that it's never complete nor accurate.
(Remember the link Jean-Michel gave us for Philips Intera. A lot of
entry descriptions were missing)
The best we have to do is to be able to work *without* it (and without
the shadow dictionnary we try to made from it).

The fix I just commited solves the problem of Private Sequence Entry +
Implicit VR (even when the Transfert Syntax is announced as 'Explicit
VR', the private PMS tags are Implicit :-(
We have no way to guess it's a Sequence, so we backtrack when we found
an Item Starter out of any SQItem.
The code is much lighter than the first one I wrote.

We may now encounter any number of private sequences + Implicit VR,
wihout having to modify the dicomV3.dic.

JP