[Dcmlib] Mingw + dcgm ver0.6: Solution

Michal Kurgan linux_user at o2.pl
Tue Feb 1 17:04:24 CET 2005

On Tuesday 01 of February 2005 15:52, you wrote:
> > if there were spaces i've got errors during make configure.
>
> wow! Which cmake version are you using ? Take anything above 2.0.

ccmake version 2.0.3
from gentoo stable repository.

> > i386-mingw32msvc-g++: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'
>
> In my previous mail I told you that cmake knows you are on linux-gcc
> plateform and so make wrong assumption about the flag. You should
> replace the Linux.cmake with the CYGWIN.cmake (in your cmake/share... dir)

aaa, ok i wil do it...
so its cross mingw specific. Is it possible to do it in more automate
method ?? ( ie. environment variables )

> > /home/mkurgan/compile/gdcmBin/bin/libgdcm.a(gdcmDocument.o)
> > (.text+0xa3c8):gdcmDocument.cxx: undefined reference to `ntohs at 4'
>
> You need to have the win32 lib: Wsock32 and Snmpapi. Have a look at the
> link line in CMakeLists.txt:
>
> TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(gdcm Wsock32 Snmpapi)

locate found them in mingw:
/opt/xmingw/i386-mingw32msvc/lib/libsnmpapi.a
/opt/xmingw/i386-mingw32msvc/lib/libwsock32.a

but why static build was successful ?

> > second, mingw can't use so dynamic files, i don't know why... maybe must
> > be some other switch ( in my installation there where only static
> > libraries, and my qt compiled to dll ), static compilation was
> > successful, when i use them i report if everything goes smooth.
> >
> > Thanks for advices and your time...
>
> No problem
>
> Just for curiosity what are you building ? Yet another DICOM viewer ;)

No :), its project to detect features from diagnostic MRI images. Now i use
dicom  to bmp converter but this is not enough, and i found Your(s) library,
for now i looks quite easy to use.

--
Michal Kurgan