[Dcmlib] Mingw + dcgm ver0.6: Solution

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Feb 1 17:24:50 CET 2005

> ccmake version 2.0.3
> from gentoo stable repository.

Extremly weird. Are you able to duplicate this bug. Could you send me
the output (error log).

> aaa, ok i wil do it...
> so its cross mingw specific. Is it possible to do it in more automate
> method ?? ( ie. environment variables )

If you are not in a hurry or plan in a long term development using
cmake, I guess you should suscrbie to cmake ML(*) and ask the question
there. You should get an answer pretty fast (if any).

> locate found them in mingw:
> /opt/xmingw/i386-mingw32msvc/lib/libsnmpapi.a
> /opt/xmingw/i386-mingw32msvc/lib/libwsock32.a

Cool !

> but why static build was successful ?

Well because you need *.dll (they describe the API of the shared lib).
So I am not suprised it did not work. I guess if you copy from your win
box the file snmpapi.[lib/dll] and wsock32[lib/dll] and put them so that
gcc find them you should be able to compile in shared libs. But again I
far from a a cross compile / Win32 specific guy.

>>>second, mingw can't use so dynamic files, i don't know why... maybe must
> No :), its project to detect features from diagnostic MRI images. Now i use
> dicom  to bmp converter but this is not enough, and i found Your(s) library,
> for now i looks quite easy to use.

Intersting are you using ITK(**) for that ? And if not what other
(better ?) toolkit are you using ?

Mathieu
(*)  http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake
(**) http://itk.org