[Dcmlib] Mingw + dcgm ver0.6: Solution

Michal Kurgan linux_user at o2.pl
Tue Feb 1 17:46:09 CET 2005

On Tuesday 01 of February 2005 15:52, you wrote:
> > if there were spaces i've got errors during make configure.
>
> wow! Which cmake version are you using ? Take anything above 2.0.
>
> > i386-mingw32msvc-g++: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'
>
> In my previous mail I told you that cmake knows you are on linux-gcc
> plateform and so make wrong assumption about the flag. You should
> replace the Linux.cmake with the CYGWIN.cmake (in your cmake/share... dir)

I did it, now it work like it should ootb.
Funny thing, i change Linux.cmake to Cmake-gcc.cmake and it was still used,
after change to Linux.cmake.gcc everything goes smooth.

> > /home/mkurgan/compile/gdcmBin/bin/libgdcm.a(gdcmDocument.o)
> > (.text+0xa3c8):gdcmDocument.cxx: undefined reference to `ntohs at 4'
>
> You need to have the win32 lib: Wsock32 and Snmpapi. Have a look at the
> link line in CMakeLists.txt:
>
> TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(gdcm Wsock32 Snmpapi)

Yes, remove WIN32 setting, change Wsock32 to wsock32, thanks

> > second, mingw can't use so dynamic files, i don't know why... maybe must
> > be some other switch ( in my installation there where only static
> > libraries, and my qt compiled to dll ), static compilation was
> > successful, when i use them i report if everything goes smooth.
> >
> > Thanks for advices and your time...

One more thanks for so fast responds. Now we(?) should write a cross FAQ :)
Now i know how cmake works ( a bit ), it's not cross-compilation ready.
On cmake web page was feature request to support cross but it was "Deferred".
--
Michal Kurgan