[Dcmlib] Tested machine and file reading capabilities

Mathieu Malaterre mmalater at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jun 14 21:57:06 CEST 2005

On Jun 14, 2005, at 1:17 PM, Luca Picello wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I wonder if there is a list of CT machines tested with gdcm (ie:
> philips model submodel blabla, siemens model submodel revision).

I have no idea really. I know some people at CREATIS tried it on some
philips station and here in the US some people tried on GE
workstation... that's all I know

> I wonder also if in my c++ program, where I already use the
> vtkGdcmReader, I need to call regular gdcm namespace or is there a
> simpler way to get some files information like patient name...

The trick is that there are ~2000 DICOM tags, do you want all of them ?
This is humanily prohibitive to maintain (also lot of wated time). At
some point I wanted something semi-automatic for the generation of such
thing. But I realize that all you need is really a few field. So to
keep GDCM API simple we decided not to pollute gdcm with simple
accessors like that (or until a nice semi -automatic solution is
found).

For more info about the DICOM tag / DICOM Name equivalence, search in
gdcm/Dict/dicomV3.dic

HTH