[Dcmlib] Philips images

Jean-Pierre Roux jpr at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Jun 29 17:42:02 CEST 2005

Guest what?
I've got new gdcm-breaker Philips images.
As usual (?) they break also the other viewers :-(
Still the bloody stuff around endianess switching .

Now, it's *really* unpredictable !
We used the delimiters (dicom group 0xfffe) to guess wether the
endianess was actually the one specified in the meta elements, and
switch the 'swap code' when necessary.
And it worked !

Within these new images (FLAIR sequence), the first delimiter inside a
'shadow' sequence show us the endianess just switched (but the lengthes
don't)
--> Segfault !
I can't imagine an heuristics that would deal with both cases ...

The only way to read theses images is to skip private sequences.
(we can use a new value for LoadMode)

I think people writting clinical interfaces (Benoit, Emmanuel, ...)
should allow end user to tell whether he wants to skip any Sequence
(LoadMode = NO_SEQ), to skip any shadow group (LoadMode = NO_SHADOW), or
to skip shadow Sequences LoadMode = NO_SHADOWSEQ).

JP