[Dcmlib] Images dicom mpeg

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Oct 26 18:47:09 CEST 2005

Emmanuel Olart wrote:
> I'm afraid that it's me :p
>
> We are planning to work with a lot of data coming from different
> echographs.
> These data may come in digital format or on videotapes meaning we have
> to digitalize them.
>
> I will test ETIAM's Dicom Izer tool next week to see what kind of data
> it produces and if GDCM can deal with it.

I once try it out, and write the PixelData as binary stream. I could
read it with mplayer without a warning...

> Dicom Izer can produce either Multi Frame DICOM or DicomMPEG files
> (created from video aquisitions or video files).
>
> DicomMPEG has been normalized last year on ETIAM's behalf.
>
> Does anybody know of a nice MPEG2 library ? Mathieu which one did you try ?

gdcmmpeg2:README.gdcm.txt
This directory contains a subset of the MPEG Software Simulation Group

If you find an opensource/BSD compatible lib let me know. The current
problem is (like jpeg-ls) is they expect a filename as input. Whereas in
our case we should be carefull on memory usage, fragments ... so either

2 cents,
Mathieu
Ps: but since JPEG2000 is done, I should be able to return to this lib.