[Dcmlib] [Fwd: Re: dicom3tools_1.00.snapshot.20050804.helgray.tar.bz2]

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Sep 20 04:40:52 CEST 2005

For refs:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: dicom3tools_1.00.snapshot.20050804.helgray.tar.bz2

Hello David

I don't really know how your dictionary is encoded, but I understand
that it may use some masks, and that you may use them internally in
your toolkit.

However DICOM PS 3-5 7.8.1 a) states that those (gggg-0010->00FF where
gggg is odd) attributes have to be LO.

Here is a concrete question :
If we are decoding a dataset and we encounter a tag like (0009,0012) :
- when the dataset is encoded in EXplicit with a VR different of LO, we
may assume its VR is invalid
- when the dataset is encoded in IMplicit we can assume that its VR is
LO
Then all tags found at the same depth level, and between (0009,1200)
and (0009,12FF) belong to this group.

Am I wrong ?
Have a nice day !

Gilles