[Dcmlib] [Fwd: Re: dicom3tools_1.00.snapshot.20050804.helgray.tar.bz2] David Clunnie's anwer

Jean-Pierre Roux jpr at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Sep 20 13:12:22 CEST 2005

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> For refs:

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the way my dictionary is
constructed.

> Here is a concrete question :
> If we are decoding a dataset and we encounter a tag like (0009,0012) :
> - when the dataset is encoded in EXplicit with a VR different of LO, we
> may assume its VR is invalid

Yes.

> - when the dataset is encoded in IMplicit we can assume that its VR is
> LO

Yes.

In gdcm, we choosed to trust the 'EXplicit' VR, better than the Dicom
Dictionnary
 -we assumed the 'writter' knows what he's doing (hope so), and we want
to read any image-

What we can do easyly, is to force to VR=LO any odd dicom tag whose
number is 10<   <FF

Any objection ?
JPRx