[Dcmlib] GDCM for MPEG !

Louis Selvon - IT Professional louis.selvon at email.cs.nsw.gov.au
Thu Aug 24 06:37:16 CEST 2006

Hello

I am new to GDCM and would like to see if I can use the tool to encapsulate
MPEG as Dicom streams, and then view the MPEG dicom streams using CDGM.

I have tried K-PACS to bundle them after converting them MPEG to JPEG but
large studies that creates over 15000 JPEG  images gives problems.

So looks like using the MPEG itself to Dicom, and a viewer that can allow
viewing of the Dicom MPEG may be the way to go.

I am having trouble to install GDCM on Windows. The install instructions
appears for Linux systems. What are the instructions for Windows ?

Does the current version allows me to do this ?

Thank You

Louis Selvon
IT Department, Radiology
Concord Repatriation General Hospital, Hospital Road, CONCORD, 2139
Australia.
Phone: (02) 9767 5262 or (02)9767 7342
Switch: (02) 9767 5000
Fax: (02) 9767 7508
Paging: (02) 9767 8880 (pager: 61379)
confidential Information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it and notify the Sender. Views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender and not necessarily the views of Concord Hospital
or Central Sydney Area Health Service.
louis.selvon at email.cs.nsw.gov.au