[Dcmlib] Is there a function that parses DS in gdcm ?

Jean-Pierre Roux Jean-Pierre.Roux at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Feb 28 11:49:26 CET 2006

Vincent Daanen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I must read a RTDOSE file and have to parse a DS to get the informations.
> Since this seems to be something that happens often when reading dicom
> files, is there a function (or a method in a class) that parses DS in
> a double * or a std::vector <double> or anything else ?

I think we (gdcm team) have very few (no  one ?) RTDOSE file.
Could you send us one (use AnonymizeNoLoad filein=yourFilename, if ypu
want to remove patient's info).

Right now, there is no function to read any DS field, but it shouldn't
be too painfull to add it (since we read stuff  like 0020|0037  [Image
Orientation (Patient)] )

Are you interested by something like :
std::vector <double> File::GetDSValue(uint16_t group,uint16_t element);

Jean-Pierre Roux