[Dcmlib] Re: writtable or not

Jean-Pierre Roux Jean-Pierre.Roux at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Mon Jan 2 16:09:47 CET 2006

acid wrote:

>Dear sir,
>I use
>if(!m_dicom->IsReadable())
>{
>	printf("It's not a dicom.\n");
>	m_dicom->Delete();
>
>	return false;
>}
>to tell whether the input is readable,
>and it works.

After reading a file, you *need* to bring the pixels into RAM, using
GetImageData().
If you don't do so, the written image will result to be broken.

>But when I use
>if(!m_dicomWrite->Write(m_out.c_str()) )
>{
>	printf("not writable\n");
>	return false;
>}
>
>it does not work,
>I mean it will write something out no matter the extension of the output is dicom extension or not,

The DICOM norm specifies that the file names must *not* be meaningfull.
A DICOM images may have a .DCM extention (or a .NEMA, or a .IMA, or a
.ACR, ...) or no extention at all.
It's up to you to choose.

Jean-Pierre.