[Dcmlib] Dicom problem

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Jan 30 18:49:29 CET 2006

CCostantini wrote:
> Dear all
> I would like to know if there is anyway to convert multi frames tiff
> angiogram files to Dicom XA files. I have tried all the available
> packages i could find in the internet however none of them worked out.
> I will deeply appreciate anyn help

It does not seems impossible. The only trouble here is that gdcm does
not understand tiff input. Therefore you have multiple options:
- code yourself the tiff parser for gdcm (very difficult)
- use imagemagick and convert to raw input, task should be then easier.
- Use ITK (http://itk.org) which support TIFF and has gdcm for its DICOM
lib (much easier).

My 2 cents
Mathieu
Ps: gdcm has no advanced notion of XA, so you'll have to add all the
proper tags yourself unfortunately.