[Dcmlib] Universal build for Mac OSX 10.5 doesn't work

P Bai apbai at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 00:50:04 CEST 2006

Hi there,

I have a program that uses gdcm lib and I've been
trying to build a universal binary of it for Mac OSX.
I selected "universal" as build architecture in cmake
and also added "-arch ppc -arch i386" flags to
C/CXX/Linker flags and so on. The gdcm libs compiled
fine, so did the program. But it does not seem to be
universal. The one compiled on an Intel Mac doesn't
work (can not recognize dicom file correctly) on a
PowerPC Mac (G5), and vice versa.

Has anyone done universal compilation before? Can you
give me a little hint on how to get it to work?

Thanks so much!

Ping