[Dcmlib] R: R: Re: GDCM with VTK5 ?

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue May 30 21:43:37 CEST 2006

> I think Kitware should be more clear on VTK5.x branches and their
> deployment.

I believe this is something pretty common on the software industry. You
have a main branch and then patch release. Think of gcc as an example.
You have right now gcc 4.0 which is the new SSA optimization branch. But
now on my debian I have gcc 4.0.3 since a couple of bugs where fixed.
Same goes for VTK you can download VTK 5.0.0 as a tarball and since we
made a couple of fixes there should be soon a 5.0.1 tarball. Or if you
download VTK-5-0 from CVS then yes you have the latest VTK from the 5-0
branch, without having to wait for the tarball...but then this is not
officially supported by Kitware.

does this make sense ?

> Proud to help the community,

Thanks for your help again !