[Dcmlib] Error Linking with Static Library gdcm.lib with VC 6.0

Handschumacher, Mark D MHANDSCHUMACHER at PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Apr 19 21:57:50 CEST 2007

I have created a static gdcm.lib file by turning the BUILD_SHARED_LIBS  OFF and
have problems when I try to link a program.  I get a list of errors like:

"gdcm.lib(gdcmJpeg8.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__gdcm_jpeg8..."

Is there a fix.

NOTE: The problems disappear when creating the gdcm DLL with the
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS ON.

Thanks

Mark

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.