[Dcmlib] gdcm(python) build error on Windows

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at cpbotha.net
Wed Jun 27 11:46:29 CEST 2007

Hi there Mathieu, good to run into you here (although I was expecting it ;)

Jean-Pierre, pleased to meet you too!

On 6/27/07, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com> wrote:
>   Welcome to GDCM ! Well apparently welcome is pretty harsh
>   I am trying to compile gdcmPython with swig 1.3.29 on cygwin and
> except the char* to const char* conversion everything seems to go
> smoothly.

To get it to compile, I've commented out the NewPrivate() declaration
in gdcmDicomDirSerie.  At least now it seems to build. :)  (i couldn't
find a definition for NewPrivate anywhere...)

I have an out of source build.  The install is not complete w.r.t.
Python... gdcm.py and friends are not copied to the installation dir
after a make install.  After copying gdcmPython dir manually from
build-dir to install dir solved this problem.  I can now  import
everything.

Mathieu, thanks for checking with VSExpress.  It's probably the
combination of VS 7.1 and swig 1.3.31 at my end.  Commenting out
NewPrivate() works around this.

Next problem is building with GDCM_VTK ON.   During CMake (with VTK
paraview 3-0 branch) it gives:

---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
c:/build/gdcm/gdcmPython/CMakeLists.txt:71:
Unknown CMake command "VTK_WRAP_PYTHON2".

(Press  Cancel to suppress any further messages.)
OK   Cancel

Funny.  I'm going to try to track this down.

Thanks,
Charl