[Dcmlib] strange behaviour

Lazzarato Dr.Gianni lazzadrgi at libero.it
Mon Oct 29 18:44:05 CET 2007

Hi Mathieu, hi JP,

                          I apologize because I'm continuosly boring you.
:-)

I think I have find the bug and it seem general and quite severe (because
change the number of slices)

In the file gdcmseriehelper.cxx :

line 781 if (DropDuplicatePositions)

           {

             //todo ImagePositionPatientOrdering  wrong duplicates are found
???

            it3 =  distmultimap.upper_bound((*it3).first); // skip all
duplicates

            if (it3 == distmultimap.end() )  // if last image, stop iterate

               break;

           }

line 798 if (DropDuplicatePositions)  // skip all duplicates

           {

           it4 =  distmultimap.upper_bound((*it4).first);

           if (it4 == distmultimap.begin() ) // if first image, stop iterate

               break;

           }

There are found duplicates else if none are present. ( I test it checking
slice by slice some datasets where, for sure, not duplicates are present).

This cause the bad behaviour I found .

Right now, I commented out these 2 blocks of code and my datasets are well
loaded.

Any suggestions?

Tnx for your attention.

Gianni