[Dcmlib] hello!

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 09:40:51 CEST 2007

Hi Yang,

  Thanks for your interest in GDCM. In the future it is always a good
idea to post directly to the dedicated mailing list, you'll usually
have a better chance to get an answer there.

  Anyway, if you are using GDCM CVS. JP. Roux has done some recent
work so that it becomes real easy for anyone to create a DICOM encoded
in reversible j2k Transfer Syntax. For instance you should type this
on the command line:

 ReWrite filein=uncompressed.dcm fileout=J2kcompressed.dcm mode=2

  We do not support irreversible j2k transform as this is much less
used in the medical field for now. But adding support for it should be
pretty straightforward.

Let us know if you manage to use GDCM this way,
-Mathieu