[Dcmlib] Problem compiling gdcm on Mac OS X

Matthew Brown mbrown at cs.ualberta.ca
Wed Apr 23 03:44:05 CEST 2008

Hello all.

I'm trying to compile gdcm on my Mac.
I'm using a MacBook Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo) running OS X (Tiger,
10.4.11).
gcc version i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1

I checked out gdcm into /usr/local/gdcm-cvs/
I ran ccmake .. from within /usr/local/gdcm-cvs/build/
I configured cmake with shared_libraries on, examples off, and
everything else default.

When I run sudo make (from /usr/local/gdcm-cvs/build/), I get the
following error:
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[2]: *** [bin/libgdcm.dylib] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/gdcm.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

The full output of the compile process is in the attached .txt file,
also.

I've been mucking around with this and looking on the internet for
solutions for quite a while, so far without success.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks a lot!
Matt