[Dcmlib] Building GDCM 2.0.7 on WinXP

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 18:44:18 CEST 2008

Salut Pierre,

  First thing first, please try to send question related to GDCM 2.x
on the sf.net mailing list. Thanks (you should have received an
aknowlodgement of subscription by now).

  So now I understand your post on GDCM being included with ITK in
pythonxy. You meant to say GDCM 2.x, right ?

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 6:39 PM, Pierre Raybaut <contact at pythonxy.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I quickly tried to build GDCM 2.0.7 on Windows XP with Python wrapping (all
> latest versions for Python, SWIG and MinGW):
> (1) with mingw32

ok

> (2) with Visual C++ 6

not ok. Please read the FAQ:

http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/MS_Windows_questions#What_compilers_are_supported.3F

> and I'm getting the following errors respectively:
> (1) /mingw/lib/libstdc++.a(ctype.o):ctype.cc:(.text+0x22): undefined
> reference to `_imp___ctype' (see attached file 'log-mingw.txt')

Hum, must be one of those weird mingw thingy were you have to
explicitely export everything. Switch your build to GDCM_BUILD_SHARED
for now (can't remember the mingw magic incantation from the top of my
head right now)

> (2) see attached file 'log-vs6.txt'
>
> Any idea of what could be wrong?
> What compiler would you recommend on Windows?

VS7.1 and above are pretty good (not VS 7.0 please!)

HTH