[Dcmlib] exExtractCSA

Christina Rossmanith ChrRossmanith at gmx.de
Fri Jul 18 09:37:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

the gdcm example showing how to extract Siemens CSA data from DICOM files (exExtractCSA.cxx) writes the element data to a temporary file and reads this file subsequently. Why isn't the data processed in memory? I've modified the example a little to get the B_Value and the DiffusionGradientDirection for a large number of files. I think writing to and reading from disk slows down processing the files, doesn't it? Did the code just grow and it was nice to have the element data isolated on disk? And now it is up to the user to optimize the code  ;-)

Christina Rossmanith
--
Christina Rossmanith