[Dcmlib] a question about gdcm

刘俊杰 eblis8888 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 08:29:18 CET 2009

Hello:

I’m using the gdcm for vc6, and I have some questions about the include
directory and input library.

First: I did not find the .h and .lib files about vtkGdcmReader in the GDCM
Release-2.0.x-Windows -86 .zip.

Did I miss something?

Second: I’m using gdcm 1.3.2 now. I use cmake generated files for vc6 , but
I cannot find any .lib file also. Thus many link error 2001 happened in my
project.

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class
vtkGdcmReader * __cdecl vtkGdcmReader::New(void)"
(?New at vtkGdcmReader@@SAPAV1 at XZ)

Third: I find the end list of installing requirements about win32 in your
home page is:

“for Win32 you shall need to compile the sources
<http://www.swig.org/download.html> ”

I didn’t compile the swig.  Is it the reason that result to above problems?

Finally, I just need the vtk plugin of gdcm. I need to decode the dicom
format of jpeg lossless and jpeg 2000. How can I reach my point in short
way?

Thanks for your help and best regards to you.

Happy new year 2009.