[Dcmlib] TC Toshiba Astelion

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 10:05:27 CET 2009

'lo

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 10:08 PM, lazzadrgi at libero.it
<jumbomail_admin5 at libero.it> wrote:
> Hi Mathieu, I'm still using gdcm 1.x because Borland compatibility.
> I have a TC (attached) where z spacing is not proper detected giving errorcode -1 as value.
> Have you or JP time to investigate a little? ( I do not know if could be also a gdcm 2 trouble). Thank you for your kind attention and happy new year.
> Gianni Lazzarato

I had a look at your images. They are all Secondary Capture Image
Storage instances. As such they do not contains neither Image
Orientation (Patient) nor Image Position (Patient), therefore there is
no programatical way to order them. I guess you could use Instance
Number (ascending or descending) to sort them, or maybe filename
number, but I do not see anything else that could help you.

In gdcm 2.x, you'll find an example on how to define a comparison
operator to decide which tag is used to order a list of files:

http://gdcm.svn.sf.net/viewvc/gdcm/trunk/Examples/Cxx/SortImage.cxx?view=markup

All you have to do is provide a function of prototype: bool ()
(gdcm::DataSet const & ds1, gdcm::DataSet const & ds2 )

I think you can achieve something similar in gdcm 1.x but I do not
remember the syntax from the top of my head.

Good luck,