[Dcmlib] CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CONCAT

Ashok Thirumurthi Ashok.Thirumurthi at rapidmind.com
Fri May 22 21:59:46 CEST 2009

So, with ITK 3.12, I have an app that loads fine on 32-bit Windows.  Building and running on 64-bit Windows, I receive a buffer overrun during CRTMain in gdcm.dll

  test_imaging.exe!__GSHandlerCheck_EH(_EXCEPTION_RECORD * ExceptionRecord=0x
  msvcr80d.dll!memcpy(unsigned char * dst=, unsigned char * src=, unsigned long count=)  Line 173 Asm
  test_imaging.exe!gdcm::DictEntry::DictEntry()  + 0x9f bytes C++
  test_imaging.exe!gdcm::FillDefaultDataDict()  + 0xde bytes C++
  test_imaging.exe!gdcm::Dict::Dict()  + 0xc5 bytes C++
  test_imaging.exe!gdcm::DictSet::DictSet()  + 0x13e bytes C++
  test_imaging.exe!gdcm::Global::Global()  + 0x6d bytes C++
  test_imaging.exe!mainCRTStartup()  Line 414 C++

While trying to substitute GDCM 2 for the older version that ships with ITK, I noticed that there was no 64-bit Windows distribution.  While building from source, I encountered the CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_CONCAT bug described in the link below with VC++ 2005 on 64-bit Windows 2008 Server. I can reproduce with CMake 2.6.3 and 2.6.4.  I can reproduce with gdcm-2.0.11 and r5690 of the gdcm trunk.

http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/pipermail/dcmlib/2008-February/003290.html

While I can resolve this error by ripping the macro definition, there are a series of configuration errors.  So, I thought I'd just ask what I should be doing :)

tia,

- Ashok

CMake Error: File /Source/Common/gdcmConfigure.h.in does not exist.

CMake Error at Common/CMakeLists.txt:51 (CONFIGURE_FILE):

configure_file Problem configuring file

CMake Error at Common/CMakeLists.txt:115 (SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES):

set_target_properties called with illegal arguments, maybe missing a

PROPERTIES specifier?

CMake Error at Common/CMakeLists.txt:140 (INSTALL):

install TARGETS given no ARCHIVE DESTINATION for static library target

"gdcmCommon".

CMake Error at Common/CMakeLists.txt:153 (INSTALL):

install FILES given no DESTINATION!

CMake Error at DataDictionary/CMakeLists.txt:99 (SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES):

set_target_properties called with illegal arguments, maybe missing a

PROPERTIES specifier?

CMake Error at DataDictionary/CMakeLists.txt:103 (INSTALL):

install TARGETS given no ARCHIVE DESTINATION for static library target

"gdcmDICT".

CMake Error at DataDictionary/CMakeLists.txt:116 (INSTALL):

install FILES given no DESTINATION!

CMake Error at DataStructureAndEncodingDefinition/CMakeLists.txt:58 (SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES):

set_target_properties called with illegal arguments, maybe missing a

PROPERTIES specifier?

CMake Error at DataStructureAndEncodingDefinition/CMakeLists.txt:61 (INSTALL):

install TARGETS given no ARCHIVE DESTINATION for static library target

"gdcmDSED".

CMake Error at DataStructureAndEncodingDefinition/CMakeLists.txt:74 (INSTALL):

install FILES given no DESTINATION!

CMake Error at InformationObjectDefinition/CMakeLists.txt:41 (SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES):

set_target_properties called with illegal arguments, maybe missing a

PROPERTIES specifier?

CMake Error at InformationObjectDefinition/CMakeLists.txt:45 (INSTALL):

install TARGETS given no ARCHIVE DESTINATION for static library target

"gdcmIOD".

CMake Error at InformationObjectDefinition/CMakeLists.txt:58 (INSTALL):

install FILES given no DESTINATION!

CMake Error at MediaStorageAndFileFormat/CMakeLists.txt:125 (SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES):

set_target_properties called with illegal arguments, maybe missing a

PROPERTIES specifier?

CMake Error at MediaStorageAndFileFormat/CMakeLists.txt:151 (INSTALL):

install TARGETS given no ARCHIVE DESTINATION for static library target

"gdcmMSFF".

CMake Error at MediaStorageAndFileFormat/CMakeLists.txt:163 (INSTALL):

install FILES given no DESTINATION!