[Rtk-users] Correction for detector in-plane rotation?

Chao Wu wuchao04 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 16:32:57 CET 2014

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the confirmation.
The rotation in my projections are less than 0.2 degrees, so the ramp
filter along image line or along true horizontal direction may leads to
almost identical reconstructions.

I got into this subject because I was working with a displaced detector and
found dark and bright regions along the axis of rotation at two side of the
mid plane when the IPR is set to non-zero.
After reading the document I realized that this would be due to that the
IPR is not accounted when the weighting [G Wang] is performed, then later
it is accounted during the FDK, so that Wang's weight function applied to
opposite projections does not sum to 1. Before I make any changes to the
DisplacedDetectorImageFilter I would like to see how you dealt with IPR in
FDK, and suddenly I found IPR is not accounted for either in the ramp
filter which is not 'mathematically correct' (but may be sufficient and
efficient in practice).

So now I am thinking how to solve the problem.
The most straightforward way could be that I perform a pre-correction for
IPR in all my displaced-detector projections, and send them to rtkfdk with
an IPR=0 geometry, since this can make the behaviour of both
DisplacedDetectorImageFilter and FFTRampImageFilter ideal (and less
workload in coding, of course).
Or modify the DisplacedDetectorImageFilter to account for IPR while leave
the FFTRampImageFilter as it is.
Do you have any other comments and suggestions? Thank you.

Best regards,
Chao