[Rtk-users] bright circle on the reconstructed image

Cyril Mory cyril.mory at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu Sep 18 16:59:53 CEST 2014

Howard,

For SART reconstructions, you do not need padding, and you can't do Hann
windowing because no ramp filtering is applied. SART usually outputs
smoother images, so you probably will not need this denoising trick anyway.
However, you should be careful about one thing : your object has to be
fully contained in the reconstructed volume, or you will observe
important border effects. Use the --dimension, --spacing and --origin
options to ensure this.

All the best,
Cyril

--