[Rtk-users] Preprocessing

Jonathan Mason j.mason at ed.ac.uk
Tue Dec 1 10:47:14 CET 2015

Thanks Simon,

I have implemented both of the techniques you have mentioned. Nui
scatter correction does do a reasonable job, but I have found it leaves
significant artefacts when there is a substantial change in organ shape
or location between scans, and I hope that MC will allow me to
investigate the true effect of this technique when I have the scatter
ground truth.

WLS also has been outperforming LS in phantom experiments, but only when
photon flux is being starved, and has been difficult to get a reasonable
estimate of I0 from Varian data (also have yet to set up the scanner to
even produce such a low current).

I am doing my developments in MATLAB rather than RTK at the moment as I
find it quicker to test things out, and utilise Toolboxes, but it is my
hope to eventually move over once I have found more stability. I would
love to contribute to what is now a very comprehensive and powerful
software package.

Cheers,

Jonathan