[Rtk-users] rebinning

Cyril Mory cyril.mory at uclouvain.be
Mon Dec 28 10:53:41 CET 2015

Hi Niloufar,

There is no such program in RTK, and you won't find it anywhere else.
What you are asking for is impossible.
In 2D fan-beam, rays can be sorted into groups of parallel rays, because
they are indeed parallel to each other.
In 3D cone beam along a circular trajectory, the rays outside the
central slice cannot be sorted into groups of parallel rays : they just
aren't parallel.

Hope that helps.

PS : The more I think about it, the more I think there must be some
connection between the possibility of re-binning to parallel projections
and Tuy's data sufficiency condition. If someone has a clear
understanding of this area, I'm curious about it.