[Rtk-users] Acceleration of rtkCudaBackProjectionImageFilter

Laura Hellwege hellwege at imt.uni-luebeck.de
Fri Sep 9 10:15:13 CEST 2022

Dear all,

I am using the filter "rtkCudaBackProjectionImageFilter" with Python-Wrapping for a self-implemented iterative algorithm. Right now, this backprojection (and therefore my algorithm) is relatively slow since it does not use the full capacity of my GPU.
I know that "rtkCudaFDKConeBeamReconstructionFilter" has the option "SetProjectionSubsetSize()" that regulates how many projections are simultaneously processed. Using this speeds up my FDK reconstructions significantly.
So my question is: Is something similar already implemented for the simple backprojection?

Best regards,
Laura

PS: Unfortunately, I have no background in C++ programming. Hence, to add this option myself I probably have to rely on expertise and support from this community.